Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Surfing in Tamarindo

This past weekend I took my first surf lesson in Playa Tamarindo. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be; I think my biggest challenge was overcoming the hangover that was ruining my balance. haha! The waves at Tamarindo are really small, making it a really popular spot for beginners. With the help of my instructor, I was able to stand up on my first try and actually stay on the board. However, over the course of the two hour lesson I did manage to take a few less than graceful falls. It was nothing painful (minus swallowing salt water). Overall, I think it was a successful first attempt and I will definitely continue to try to be a surfer, which shouldn't be to complicated living in Costa Rica.

As far as everything else, I've been busy at work this week trying to catch up, write tests, grade tests, etc. before I leave for my "visa vacation." In case you didn't already know, I have to leave the country every 90 days to renew my tourist visa. So, I have next week off work and I will be traveling in Nicaragua with a few other interns. I'll keep you updated! Have a great week!

No comments: