Thursday, January 8, 2009

Back to work

A lot has happened since I last posted. Let's see, before coming home for the holidays I went to San Juan del Sur in Nicaragua. San Juan is more of a port than a beach, which makes it quite touristy. I spent most of my time staying near Playa Maderas outside of San Juan and had a really great time. I was happy to get away from the crowds in Costa Rica.

I left Nicaragua the day before my flight back to KS, which made for two long days of traveling. I arrived in San Jose Wednesday evening and left the next morning on an early flight. After a short delay in Houston, I got into Kansas City around 6 pm and was exhausted.

Despite the frigid cold weather (high of 6 F one day), I had a great time seeing family and friends. I was a bit overwhelmed trying to find time to catch up with everyone. I now realize that 2 weeks isn't enough time to say "yes" to every invitation, even though I wanted to.

I'm now back in CR and back to work. My flight back was muy tranquilo with no delays. This week has been surprisingly easy, and it feels great to be back.

No comments: