Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wait, what just happened?

As you can see, I haven't really kept up with this recently.  I don't know, maybe it's because I spend about 40 hours a week in the confines of a cement building that faces nothing more than a major highway.  Ok, so that is being over dramatic, but really there have been a few days in the last couple of months when I felt more like a prisoner and less like a person trying to expand my mind.  Out with the negativity...in with the real deal.

Along with the transition to being a full time student again, living at home and being away from Thomas come feelings, a lot of different feelings.  Some of these tricky emotions I've dealt with and others I have completely avoided by focusing on school, learning, etc. (clearly, not recommended).  All of this has led me to a vague feeling of having lost my sense of direction, and my sense of self.  It's almost like I woke up one day wondering: wait, what just happened?  It's like I cannot figure out how I created this, although I know that I did.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not completely dissatisfied with my life right now or anything, but I definitely take these thoughts seriously enough to say that I need to step back and reevaluate the decisions I've made in the past 6 months. 

Honestly, this is something I think more people could benefit from.  First of all, listening to your gut/intuition/[insert other name for it here] is a powerful skill that can teach you something about the world and more importantly about yourself.  And that will be all for the self-help section today, sorry for the detour. 

Of course, most of the reassessment revolves around Chiropractic college and everything that comes along with it.  This is a work in progress which led me to Austin, Texas a couple weeks ago to visit an Oriental med school, which I thoroughly enjoyed.  I also think this reevaluation will lead me to visit another school in California and if I'm lucky, which I am, I will do a yoga teacher training course sometime this summer.  Regardless, I could end up back at the school I'm at now or not in school at all, only time will tell.  

As for the present, cual es lo único que tenemos, I am digging deep to find the motivation to finish what has been a great trimester, academically speaking.  More later and....Ich wünsch dir was

No comments: